Monday, August 17, 2009

Detailed Chic





Where do I begin? I LOVED this wedding. Tara McLees and Brad Clark were married at St. Luke's Chapel on a rainy day in May. They had a beautiful candlelit ceremony that was followed by an elegant and toast filled sit-down dinner at the Historic Rice Mill Building. Tara was referred to me by the amazing Juliet Jones who owns Juliet Elizabeth Photography. Before I met Tara, I had already decided I was going to take the event just to work with Juliet (not only is she incredibly talented but she is also one of the kindest and most inspirational people that I have ever met). Fortunately, Tara and I clicked from the start. She has this aura about her - sweet, cute, and real - it's infectious. Tara made things extremely easy for me - she was always organized and on top of things - she really should be a coordinator herself. Her attention to detail is what set things apart - she had everything from custom table runners to fabulous wedding shoes - she did not miss a beat. No detail was left untouched. Some of my favorites ideas that Tara had me implement were a beautiful display of desserts which were kept on an awesome unfinished wood table that was provided by OOH Events, a cigar rolling station for the last hour of the event (this was a huge hit and I loved that the bride took the time to partake in the festivities as well), the faux floral pieces that were placed on top of each menu card (which matched the bride's hair piece), and of course the tree that was set-up to hold well wishes from guests on its branches and eventually become ornaments for the new Mr. and Mrs.'s Christmas tree. I really enjoyed being a part of this event - from the easy and organized planning process to the finale filled with dancing, drinking, cigar smoking guests, and fireworks - it truly was a SUPERB event!

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Woah! That’s a beautiful story, and these pictures are fantastic! They are a cute couple. Even my story is a little unique, I am marrying the love of my life next month in a beautiful event space San Francisco, I would share my story and pictures in my blog later on. Felt good after reading your blog!